Lammle’s Western Wear & Tack
Payroll / Benefits Administrator
The Payroll/ Benefits Administrator will oversee and work closely with the Senior Management team to ensured regulatory compliance by conducting accounting, preparing/distributing accurate reports/analysis for Lammle’s Western Wear Corporate Office and all store locations. The Payroll Administrator principle responsibilities are in the areas of:
- Auditing/Reconciling store sales to ensure free of error
- Responsible for all payroll and accounting functions within the payroll department
- Responsible for administering benefit program to all employee’s
The Payroll Administrator/Accounting Clerk will report directly to the Controller working closely with Sr Managers.
- Responsible for all payroll and accounting functions within the payroll department.
- Complied payroll data as hours worked, holidays, taxes, insurance and other payroll deductions from authorized timesheet for over 300 employees.
- Prepared the payroll and paycheck remittance for 300 employees and government source deductions on semi-monthly basis.
- Input, verify and process bi- weekly payroll, including salaried and hourly pay for approximately 300 employees
- Ensure the pay run is complete and accurate in terms of employee hours, changes, approvals, overtime, voluntary and statutory deductions and taxable benefits in accordance with company policies and procedures and legislative requirements
- Process new hires, employee terminations and employee status changes
- Ensure compliance with all Federal and Provincial Legislation within Canada
- Remain current with new and revised payroll regulations
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by ensuring a high level of confidentiality
- Prepare and maintain related payroll records and reports
- Employee file maintenance including, organize, file and maintains employee records
- Responsible for all Benefit functions for the company.
- Submit/review/process employee claims.
- Work closely with employee's to ensure full understanding of their benefit package and help them navigate the benefit's provide
Who You Are:
Ø Ability to manage multiple priorities in an organized and timely fashion with proven track record of delivering on projects and process improvements
Ø Excellent communication and organizational skills
Ø A creative problem solver, pro-active and able to use initiative to develop solutions
Ø Ability to build and develop positive relationships with stakeholders and external advisors
Ø Demonstrated team-building skills
What You Bring:
Ø Professional designation in either accounting or payroll
Ø 3+ years’ experience within mid-sized organizations, preferably retail
Ø Proficiency with AccPac,
Ø Experience in all MS Office programs
Come join an amazing family owned business.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent