Position: Buyers Assistant
Report To: Merchandise Buyer
The Merchandise Assistant offers support to the (Sr.) Buyer/Buyer Analyst for the accountability of sales, margin and inventory. Acts as a liaison between the (Sr). Buyer/Buyer Analyst and stores/customers.
- Supports the (Sr.) Buyer/Buyer Analyst in the development of annual category strategies for each location, including product selection and stock
- When asked attends supplier line review to understand the latest industry trends and fashion. Develops a significant product knowledge of the assigned category, product/price positioning.
Assortment/Purchasing Order Management
- Executes the category assortment plan through accurate style creation/management and the timely completion of purchase orders
- Monitors the progress of purchase orders to ensure that they arrive on time and in the correct quantities, in support of the assigned categories sales and inventory plan.
- Proactively identifies concerns and supports the (Sr.) Buyer/Buyer Analyst decision making on purchase order issues such as late delivery, short shipment, and quality concerns. Communicate with the suppliers to resolve these issues.
- Executes on in-season purchase order management in support of open to buy decisions, as prescribed by the Sr. Buyer/Buyer Analyst
- Identifies needs and executes the ongoing fulfillment of basic replenishment product.
- Reports and identifies solutions to address inventory needs within the store network and in support of Lammle’s E-Commerce channel
- Identifies needs and executes on product transfers or consolidation to support category efficiency, product sell through, and limit stock outs/sizing issues at store level
Product Promotion and Price Management
- Executes system pricing for slow moving product and aged inventory, as directed
- Executes system pricing in support of advertising, product promotions or other events to stimulate seasonal sales.
- Work with Lammle’s customer service, store managers and e-Commerce fulfillment team to fulfill customer purchase through these channels.
- Support customer service and store managers with product availability requests and the timely completion and fulfilment of corporate and special orders
- Oversee the timely response of store feedback requests
- Provide product information and training materials to the field, where required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in an organized and timely fashion with proven track record of delivering on projects and process improvements
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A creative problem solver, pro-active and able to use initiative to develop solutions
- Demonstrated team-building skills including experience in goal setting, motivating, leading, evaluating and developing a high-performance team.
- Ability to take direction from others and apply timely
- 1+ years’ experience as a merchandise assistant
- Experience in Retail Environments is an asset.