Lammle’s Western Wear and Tack operating since 1983, is family owned and operated in Calgary, Alberta. With stores located throughout Western Canada, we serve both rural and urban centers. We provide authentic western wear for the entire family, in addition to selections of tack for both Western and English equine enthusiasts.
When you walk into one of our stores you recognize yourself. You are passionate about the western lifestyle. You are driven by communication, sales goals, personal productivity, and strive to provide the best product mix for our customers. Through your skills and expertise in Boots and Hat wear you will be able to ensure every one of our customers receives the “Lammle’s Experience” as they shop your departments.
Merchandise Buyer (Boots & Hats)
Who is a Lammle’s Buyer? You are interested in a career path that requires you to be both creative and analytical. You might have have lived our lifestyle, or maybe you know the mainstream fashion trends that translate to our industry. You know who the urban cowboy is but you also know who our core customer is and the brands he wears. You know that Western Wear has come a long way in the past 10 years and you’re excited for where it is going. You understand what the authentic western brands hold for our business and will apply your knowledge of Lammle’s clientele when selecting our seasonal assortments. You recognize that exploring new brands and integrating them into our western assortment is key to keeping our selection fresh and unique.
- Develop vendor base and relationships.
- Research and anticipate sales trends.
- Strong understanding of supply chain. Monitor and allocate product orders throughout the stores.
- Maintain inventory, gross margin, and sales targets.
- Develop and execute buy plans.
- Strong product promotion and price management.
- Develop store profiles to align with sales trends and product allocation.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Proficient with computer systems, strong in excel.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Strong personal skills
- Analytical, logical, and numbers driven with a strong understanding of Retail Math.
- Must be a positive team player.
- Post-secondary education in a field related to retail buying, such as Retail, Operations/Management, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or Economics.
- 1+ years’ experience as a Category Buyer or 2+ years’ in a Merchandise Planner/Allocation role
- Experience in Retail Environments is an asset.
- Competitive wage/benefits along with a performance based incentive program.
- Opportunity for growth in a challenging and rewarding environment.
- Generous staff discounts.
Sound like a good fit?
If you are ready to inspire and be a part of the truly authentic lifestyle of Lammle’s Western Wear, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Buyer